What Is the Most Durable Roofing Material?
Before you begin a roof installation, you’re going to want to make sure you choose the right material for your property. But how do you know what is the most durable roofing material? With so many modern roofing options to choose from, it can be hard to know which one best fits your needs. Fortunately, our skilled and experienced roofers are here to make your next roofing project is as easy as possible. Keep reading for everything you need to know about modern roofing options, and make sure to call Cove Enterprises the next time you need roof replacement or repair.
The 5 Most Durable Roofing Materials:
- Asphalt Shingles: Asphalt shingles continue to be one of the most popular and most durable roofing materials around the country. Properly installed asphalt shingles require little maintenance and can survive from anywhere between 15 to 30 years depending on what part of the country you live in. However, at Cove Enterprises, we install high quality GAF shingles that come with a 50 year warranty. Just look out for the hail rating when you purchase your asphalt shingles, as this will tell you how much damage they can withstand. Best of all though, asphalt is also one of the most affordable types of shingles, making it among the most cost-effective roofing materials for your long-term investment.
- Wooden Shingles: Quality wooden shingles look great and do an excellent job of insulating your home. They are also one of the most sustainable roofing options and can last 30-50 years, assuming they have been manufactured using fire-resistant materials. Granted, no wooden shingles are completely invulnerable to fire, and even the best ones can start to crack over time. Bottom line: if you are going to get wooden shingles, get ones that have a decent hail rating and make sure they are installed by an experienced professional.
- Metal Roofing: Like wooden shingles, metal roofing has a longevity rate of about 30-50 years. Metal roofing is also extremely energy-efficient and can be recycled after it is removed. While options like steel, aluminum, and copper tend to be more expensive, metal is definitely among the most durable and impact-resistant roofing materials, and requires minimal upkeep, too.
- Plastic Polymer: Plastic polymer is an extremely cost-efficient roofing material, especially considering it can last over 50 years. Plastic polymer also requires little maintenance and can be installed to look like wood or other types of shingles. And to top it off, plastic polymer usually has great hail and energy efficiency ratings, too.
- Slate Shingles: Slate shingles last for an extremely long time—anywhere between 75 and 120 years or more. Slate roofing is also fully fireproof, easy to install, and extremely low maintenance. This type of material is extremely expensive, however, and may become damaged if an excessive amount of weight is placed on top of it. For this reason, if you do decide to install slate shingles, make sure they are always serviced by a certified roofing professional.
Cove Enterprises Offers Roofing Options You Will Love
Give Cove Enterprises a call to learn about all the durable roofing options we offer today. Our team is trained and experienced to provide a full range of roofing services and are known for always getting the job done right. Best of all, with free estimates, upfront pricing, special coupons, and affordable financing options, it’s hard not to get a great deal when you hire our experts at Cove Enterprises.
Call (571) 339-3089 now to request your free estimate, or click here to send us a message online.